Written for EO by content marketing strategist Berta Melder.
Video marketing has become one of the most popular tools that help businesses raise brand awareness and engage with their target audience. Video content is extremely popular so it makes sense that it should be part of our marketing outreach to prospects and customers.
According to research, including videos in emails can increase click-through rates by 300 percent, while adding video content on your website leads to 41 percent more traffic.
No matter whether you’re a B2B vendor or consumer brand, your customers will love videos. Plus, filming and posting videos on social media will not drain your budget. If you’re looking for effective methods of marketing for your small business and even smaller budget, social media and videos are a must. Moreover, you don’t need highly produced videos. Just start live streaming on social media for an authentic perspective your customers will engage with.
Why Your Small Business Needs Live Streaming
Firstly, live streaming is simple to do and cost-effective. All you need is a smartphone with a decent camera and internet access. Many brands and influencers use Facebook Live to connect with their followers. However, we recommend that you also go live on Twitter and Instagram. Even LinkedIn allows you to stream videos for your business network. And don’t forget about YouTube.
Millennials love live streaming so it will be easy for you to engage with this section of your audience. Additionally, 80 percent of people would rather watch a live video than read a blog post. You can use your live videos to answer questions from your customers and prospects or to broadcast product tutorials. You can also let your audience take a sneak peek behind the scenes of your small business, making your brand more approachable.
Live videos are extremely engaging and the options are endless. Identify those topics that you are an expert in and that your ideal customer is interested in. Organize webinars or present new products in real-time.
How to Use Live Streaming Video for Your Small Business
Write a rough script. Of course, your live stream shouldn’t be fully scripted. Live videos are spontaneous and authentic, and that’s what makes them so attractive. However, a rough outline will help you make sure that your stream makes sense and that you cover all of your points. Jot down a few bullet points and keep them in front of you while streaming.
Share feelings. Emotions will always attract people more than dry content. Video is a great tool for sharing emotions and engaging personally with your audience. Promote your product but don’t make marketing your main priority. Your main goal must be to let your audience have a good time with your brand. This way, consumers will build strong positive associations with your product.
Demonstrate business value. Use live-streaming to start a conversation with your audience and show them why you’re the best. Share important information about your products. Let them know what new technologies you use, and highlight your partners and fans. Behind-the-scenes videos are also a great opportunity to let your audience get to know your team and see how your products are being made.
Reply to comments. Live streams are conversational by nature, so make sure to interact with your viewers directly. If you see great questions from users, mention them. If somebody says that your product is good, say thank you. Encourage your viewers to leave their comments and to share your videos on social media. Ask them what they want your next stream to be about or who they want to meet.
Now let’s take a look at some of the most effective live streaming tools for small businesses.
- Facebook Live: Facebook allows businesses to share live content with their audiences for free. People can watch your streams on computers or smartphones. Facebook Live also enables brands to select their audience, to receive real-time feedback and to measure the effectiveness of their sessions in terms of engagement
- Instagram Live Video: Instagram has already become a very important social media platform for businesses. The Live Video feature displays the number of viewers and all the comments in real-time. Anyone will be able to watch your videos if your account is public.
- YouTube Live: When it comes to video content, posting your videos on YouTube is a must. Live videos on YouTube offer the same benefits as those on other platforms. However, YouTube also enables businesses to monetize their videos thanks to advertisements.
- Periscope Producer: This tool will help you quickly create high-quality videos and share them on Periscope and Twitter. This tool is a great choice if you want to use professional cameras and streaming software.
- Vimeo Live: This is another professional live streaming service that allows you to broadcast full high-definition videos. And your viewers won’t be distracted by advertisements while watching your small business’ live stream. The only drawback of this service is that it’s not free and pricing starts at US$75 per month.
Time to Set Your Go-Live Date!
People love video, and this medium has proven to be one of the most effective types of marketing content. Live videos take interaction with your audience to the next level. You can communicate with them in real-time. Answer their questions, show them your office, broadcast tutorials, and share positive vibes with everyone who watches your live videos.
The videos are easy to make and extremely engaging. They will make your brand more approachable and help you expand your audience. Live streaming offers huge benefits for your small business, so don’t hesitate to go live!
Berta Melder is a branding expert and content marketing strategist for Masterra. Also, she manages the company’s internal training activities. Connect with her on Twitter.